These lessons are designed to focus on behavioral and obedience training. We help you learn the terms, body language, and also prep you for show if you are wanting the fine tuning for competition. Scheduling is flexible and lessons are one hour long. Ideal for conformation or performance training.
Small group of 2-4 people for a 3 week period. This is good for you and a friend or family member to receive more attention then larger groups and if your schedule does not allow for 6 weeks. Some sessions are conducted in different locations and are designed to aid in your dog becoming a Good Citizen.
This type of lesson allows for more distraction and socialization. This is a good way to help your dog receive obedience training and to practice in more of a stimulus environment. Classes are one hour long for 6 weeks.
- One hour lesson
- Cancellation min of 48hrs in advance.
- Payment due at time of service
- 3 week duration
- Payment due prior to class start
- 6 week duration
- Payment due prior to class start
- *class sizes vary from 5-9 students
- Just the package to get you and your puppy started
- One session in home
- See Details below
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
Looking for Something Else
I want my dog to be a Canine Good Citizen
We are certified CGC evaluators! This is a certification program that is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community. The Canine Good Citizen Program is a two-part program that stresses responsible pet ownership for owners and basic good manners for dogs. All dogs who pass the 10-step CGC test may receive a very nice certificate from the American Kennel Club. You and your dog will practice the CGC exercises: Accepting a friendly stranger, Sitting politely for petting, Appearance & grooming, Out for a walk (loose leash walking), Walking through a crowd, Sit and down on command and Staying in place, Coming when called, Reaction to another dog, Reaction to distraction and Supervised separation. This class is perfect for continuing your dog’s education. You and your dog will work toward creating a better relationship while your dog learns to listen to you consistantly. As you work with your dog to teach the CGC skills, you’ll discover the many benefits and joys of training your dog. Training will enhance the bond between you and your dog. Whether your dog is ready for the certification, or you want us to help get your dog ready for the certification, contact us!
What is AKC S.T.A.R Puppy?
The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy is an exciting new program designed to get dog owners and their puppies off to a good start. The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program is an incentive program for loving dog owners who have taken the time to take their puppies through a basic training class.
How It Works.
When you complete a basic training class (taught by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator) with your puppy (up to 1 year old) your puppy is eligible to be enrolled in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program.
You’ll attend any puppy or basic training class at least 6 weeks. Your instructor will administer the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test at the end of the course. Upon passing the test, you’ll get an application to send to AKC® (additional fees for AKC) for enrollment in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program. All dogs are welcome to participate in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program including purebreds and mixed breeds.
Your puppy will receive the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Medal (for display or memento purposes; not suitable as a collar tag). You and your puppy will be listed in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy records. In addition, so that you can continue learning, you’ll receive our AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy package that includes:
- A beautiful, frameable certificate designating your puppy is in the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy records at AKC
- AKC Puppy Handbook, a valuable resource
- Ongoing Monthly Email Newsletter: Your AKC. This includes training tips and up-to-date information every dog owner needs to know. We want you and your puppy to continue learning beyond puppy classes.
Links to AKC
I want to start my puppy right, what should I do?
This will give your new pup a good foundation for basic obedience! Also, during the training, Trademark Kennels can teach you how to house train your dog in order for it to quit having accidents in the house! Additionally, we will train your pup to let you know when it has to go outside! During these sessions, We also answer any questions you have regarding your new pup or its’ training.
Puppy Orientation will include:
“Name Recognition” “Treat drive” “Sit” “Come” “Down” “Leash Walking” “Crate Training”
“Teaching Pup to let YOU know he/she has to potty” “Leave it”
One puppy training session/consultation: $100.00
Can I make up a missed class?
-No. You cannot make up a class during your class sessions. Your class lessons are set dates and times and additional classes are not offered.
-Yes you can make up if there is another session of classes within 6 weeks of your course, we consider this a drop in make up course.
What do I need for training?
We train using our 3 T’s of training:
Treats (or Toy)
What will you need:
- 6′ cotton (or leather) lead
- Slip collar ie. Chain (two fingers between collar and neck), nylon, or martingale style
- Soft and small training treats (extra yummy for your dog)
- And for 2nd lessons or more a 20′ cotton lead for recalls
- Current Shot records, which can be emailed prior, to include Distemper, Bordetella, & Rabies Your dog also needs to be flea and parasite free.
- Water and travel bowl for your dog (changing a dogs water source can cause an upset tummy)
- Waste bags to pick up behind any accidents
- And a happy and healthy responsible pet owner–you! Be sure to wear comfortable shoes geared towards outdoor training (no flip flops please).